Print out and send, or copy and paste into an email.
- Course name and date you want to book on:
- We provide vegetarian meals – any other special diet requirements?
- Any medical conditions we should be aware of? (allergies etc)
- Accom – most rooms are twin beds, please let us know if you would prefer a single room, or if you require a double bed for a couple.
- How did you hear about The Earth Connections Sustainability Centre?
- What are you particularly interested in learning about on this course?
BOOKING DETAILS (please keep this for reference)
Payment: please send a £50 deposit cheque for w/end course, or £100 deposit for 1 - 2 week courses, made payable to Earth Connections. Deposit is non-refundable.
Remaining payment to be made 4 weeks before start date of course, thanks.
Please return form and payment to: Earth Connections, Isle of Eigg
Inverness-shire, PH42 4RL
If you cancel a booking, then you will lose your deposit. If we can fill your place then we will refund you fully, minus the deposit. If we cannot fill your place, then only half the remaining fee is refunded.
Fees: Cost of courses include VAT, all meals and accommodation, tuition and equipment. It does not include your travel costs to the island. We can offer bursaries to people who have no or limited income – please contact us with your circumstances.
Ferry: The Calmac ferry terminal is based at Mallaig, and ferry leaves at 2.25pm on a Saturday. There are a variety of B and B’s and a Backpacker’s Hostel if you want to travel up the day before and enjoy some time in the fishing port of Mallaig.
Train: leave your car at home and enjoy the scenic train ride on the famous West Highland Line! Train leaves Glasgow at 08.21 am on Sat, arrive at Mallaig at 1.30pm – with plenty time to catch the ferry. On return journey, train leaves Mallaig at 4.05pm, arriving Glasgow at 9.30 pm.
Car: Mallaig is about an hour’s drive from Fort William on the A830. The total car journey time from Glasgow is about 3 to 3 1/2 hours, and from Edinburgh about 4 to 4 ½ hours. From Aberdeen it is about 4 hours drive via Inverurie and Kingussie. There is a public car park in Mallaig, where you can leave your car at your own risk.
What to bring:
Scottish weather is very changeable so bring clothes for all weathers! We provide overalls and workgloves for practical/garden work. We have some spare wellies, but bring your own if you can. Please bring:
- Warm jumper, hat and gloves
- waterproof jacket, and waterproof trousers if you have them
- swimwear and towel for beach (optional)
- sturdy shoes or boots for walking
- musical instruments welcome
- If you are coming on a longer course that involves camping, then bring a warm sleeping bag and rucksack, if you have them (we have some spare if you don’t).
Please get in touch if you have other questions, we are here to help.
Tel: 0044 (0)1687 482495
Looking forward to meeting you
Norah and Bob